5 -minute Green Avocado Salsa
I became addicted to this salsa when I visited Tulum last year. I stayed in town right near a restaurant called "Antojitos La Chiapaneca" that had the most incredible food. Their condiment station had a gigantic bowl of this tangy, creamy salsa. It tastes like a cross between green salsa and guacamole, so it's a huge hit with the masses.
Once I got home I needed to figure out how to make it. So after plenty of searching online and on youtube... This is what I came up with!
Buen Provecho! (Enjoy!)
- 3 medium-sized tomatillos-- refrigerated, husked, washed, and cut into quarters
- 1 chile serrano- with seeds and white membrane removed
- ¼ white onion, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup water
- ¾ TBSP sea salt
- 6 sprigs cilantro
- 1 medium avocado- peeled and halved
- Husk, rinse, and quarter the tomatillos.
- Combine tomatillos, chile serrano, onion, water, and salt in blender until almost smooth.
- Add cilantro and avocado to blender and mix until fully smooth.
- DONE! Pour salsa into serving bowl. Refrigerate for at least 30 mins to let flavors combine.