A sizzling hot pan full of shrimp, cherry tomatoes, garlic, and a crusty baguette.
This one I put together after having sizzling hot shrimp on my trip to Portugal, and combined it with another great appetizer of sizzling tomatoes I had wine tasting in Temecula, CA.
I made it for friends and DAMN! Crowd Pleaser. Here it goes-
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 whole head of garlic roughly chopped
- 1 pint/ box of cherry tomatoes (the larger ones cut in half)
- 1 LB cooked, deveined shrimp. (I buy frozen and thaw them in the sink, remove tail). I bought the 26/30 pieces per pound size.
- Sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- ~4 TB grated parmesan (feta or another salty, creamy cheese could be great too!)
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus another lemon for garnish
- Something green for garnish. Best= parsley. Basil, rocket, arugula, cut spinach, are also great!
- Baguette cut into slices for dipping
There is a quick video tutorial on my IGTV! Go to my Instagram and click on the IGTV icon, or click here.
1. Heat up large pan to about medium low heat.
2. Add 3/4 cup olive oil.
3. Add chopped garlic before the oil gets too hot (we don't want burned garlic, just nice and soft).
4. Season oil and garlic with a good sprinkle of sea salt and garlic powder.
5. Add cherry tomatoes to pan- we want them to get bubbly and wilted.
6. Add in 1LB cooked, peeled shrimp. These should warm up pretty quickly.
7. Once everything is warm, bubbly, and tomatoes are cooked, turn off burner. It's time to season and garnish your dish!
8. Season with crushed red pepper, 4TB parmesan cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, your green herbs.
9. Arrange cut baguette slices around the edge so they are ready for dipping!
10. Finish off by adding a few more lemon wedges and a spoon to the pan for serving.
11. Voila! Delish!