A delicious topping for almost anything...
Add it to bruschetta, chicken, steak, eggs, quiche, pizza, or pasta... The options are endless for this versatile topping.
Don't be alarmed by the amount of olive oil. You'll be amazed by how it helps make the most plump, tender and delicious tomatoes.
See below for the quick and easy recipe!
- 2 pint size containers of cherry tomatoes
- 2+ cups of olive oil
- 4 smashed garlic cloves
- Sprinkle of fresh or dried herbs of your choice: basil, thyme, herbs de provence, etc...
- Sea Salt
- To finish after baking : optional to add lemon zest and/ or crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a small/ medium size baking or pie dish with parchment paper (for easy cleanup).
- Place the tomatoes in the baking dish and cover to submerge in olive oil.
- Add the smashed garlic cloves, spices, and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350F.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container or glass jar for easy keeping.
- This topping will store well in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks to add to all your favorite dishes. Reuse the olive oil for dressings and sauces.
- The olive oil will get cold and condense in the refrigerator. No worries! Just let it warm up a bit and serve it again. Easy.