I am so excited to bring you this hand-selected collection of vintage Kilim rugs from my friend Reza's astonishing collection in Chicago. Reza is one of the most well known collectors and dealers of vintage oriental rugs in the USA.
Not only is his knowledge and passion astounding, but when you visit his little, rug-crowded shop (where he greets you with tea!) you instantly light up inside. The color, the textures, the stories behind the handwoven rugs-- it brings out exactly what Leah Cucina is about-- finding feeling and passion in the homegoods we choose.
You'll be delighted to learn that Reza sourced these rugs from his incredible relationships with nomadic tribespeople in Iran and Turkey. He visited their tent communities to find these incredible, functional works of art that tell their tribal history.
Nomadic life is an ancient tale full of movement, hardship, and beauty that is defined by community and nature.
I hope you enjoy this upcoming collection and find these modern heirlooms the perfect addition to your home.
- Genuine Hand Woven Oriental Rug
- Size: 3'4" x 9'9"
- Color description: sand, sage, soft rust, light adobe, black, amethyst, and denim.
- Age: woven Circa 1940's
- 100% wool made with plant-derived dyes
- Design: Persian Ghazvin
- No holes, tears, or rips.
- Shipping in the USA and a custom-cut wool rug pad are included.
- Photos are taken in bright, natural light, but have not been edited for color. Please expect some color variation in your home due to lighting and the which side of the rug you choose to display.
- Questions for Leah or Reza? Please email: email@example.com